Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Beauty Saviours

Hi, everyone. It’s been a long while since I got around to doing a beauty post but worry not, today I have a *beautiful* selection of new things I’ve been trying out.
February was very much a beauty month for me as I had been struggling quite a lot with my skin, post-winter. Thankfully, a good friend came to the rescue and made me realise that the problem lay within my tired, unchanged beauty routine which was gradually drying me out.



First on the saviours list was the Clarins One-Step Facial Cleanser. I must mention the smell, the orange extract in this product makes me want to walk around telling people to sniff my face. I love that it is a cleanser and toner 2-in-1 product, and also that I can leave it on. I usually use a Clinique Foaming Cleanser to remove my makeup and then splash this on afterwards to tighten up my face. My face, post-Clarins is softer than velvet, I am almost tempted to forego the moisturiser, but my dry, flaking cheeks make me think otherwise.


Secondly, this hasn’t reached my ‘holy grail’ list of products, but it’s a good one to use if you need it. It is the Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care moisturiser. This was gifted to me by a friend who was no long
er using it, and I am so incredibly glad she did. On those nights when my gel moisturiser just won’t cut it I use a dollop of this. My only complaint is that it does have a tendency to sit on the skin and can rub off in little lumps. As a consequence I only use this as a night moisturiser as it interferes with my makeup if I use it in the mornings.

Now, for the products that have saved my face. I’ll save the best for last. Firstly, the Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm. I have been craving a beauty balm ever since they hit the big time, mostly out of curiosity. Admittedly, this is the only one I have tried so I can’t compare, but I know this to be a fantastic product. This is the first product I have ever found that satisfactorily replaces my foundation on those days when I don’t really want to put all that much effort into my makeup. It glides on like a moisturiser, providing light but effective coverage, leaving my skin blemish-free and evenly toned. This product does fade throughout the day but then, it is only a light cream so what can you expect?


My second, and final beauty WOW is the Dr Jart+ Most Moist Water-Max Sleeping Mask. I apply this at night after doing my cleanse, tone and moisturise. It has consistency of a very light gel but in the mornings my skin is incredibly soft and the tight, dryness is gone. I try to use this once or twice a week after wearing heavy makeup. There is not much more I can say except that I just love this so much. I have heard good things about the Origins “Drink Up” Mask which I am yet to try, but hankering after. I believe the Origins is quite a thick consistency, like a night cream so it is up to you what sort of thing you are looking for.

I have attached links to all of the products here in case any of them spark your curiosity.

Clarins One Step Facial Cleanser

Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm

Dr. Jart+ Water-Max Sleeping Mask

No comments:

Post a Comment